It is not possible to get away from the stress and confusion of life in today's conditions. Yoga is the best method to reduce the stress of life, to get away from everything, to rest the soul and body. Different equipment is needed during the yoga experience. The most important of these equipment is the yoga bolster, known as the yoga pillow. You need to support yourself with a yoga mat, as the result of incorrect poses in the yoga experience can lead to serious injuries.
What is a Yoga Bolster?
Yoga bolsters, also known as yoga mats, are equipment that provide a more comfortable yoga experience by supporting the body of the yoga practitioner. The use of yoga bolsters supports the neck, back or lower back, especially when engaging in some challenging yoga poses. It supports you during the yoga experience and minimizes your risk of injury.
What Should Be Considered While Buying a Yoga Bolster?
- When buying a yoga bolster, it should be noted that the fabric type is panama fabric. Panama fabric is the most suitable fabric for the human body, as it has a soft texture.
- When buying a yoga bolster, it should be noted that the cover has a zipper. Because the yoga mat has a zipper, it offers the opportunity to wash it whenever you want in terms of cleaning.
- Buy a roller yoga mat. Since the bolster will be in direct contact with your body, purchasing a hard bolster will cause pain and reduce the efficiency of your yoga experience.
- While purchasing a yoga bolster for a comfortable yoga experience; You can choose zippered bolsters that you can adjust the hardness according to yourself.
- The length of your preferred yoga bolster should be in the range of 60-75 cm.
- To have a healthy yoga experience, you can choose yoga bolsters made of cotton or linen fabric.
- In order for the yoga bolsters to be functional, you should pay attention to the fact that the inner material, namely the filling material, is 1st quality clipped sponge that does not collapse. Bolsters, whose inner material is fiber, will lose their form over time and prevent you from having an efficient yoga experience because they are soft.
Yoga Movements Using Bolster
- Virasana-Hero pose
- Supta Baddha Konasana / Butterfly pose
- Supta Virasana / If pose
- Salamba Bharadvajasana / Twist / Twist pose
- Savasana / Corpse pose / Deep resting pose
- Balsana / Child Pose